Quantcast

While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Ravi Varadhan-2
Hi,
While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Berend Hasselman

On 12-07-2013, at 18:04, Ravi Varadhan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

See http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/inconsolata-sty-is-liable-to-disappear-texinfo-5-1-td4669976.html

Get R-patched.

Berend

Re: While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

David Winsemius

On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:04 AM, Ravi Varadhan wrote:

> Hi,
> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

I seem to remember that this was described in a posting in the last month ortwo on r-devel and that  workaround or two were described:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.r-project.r-devel+inconsolata.sty

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

On 12-07-2013, at 19:49, Berend Hasselman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12-07-2013, at 18:04, Ravi Varadhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
>> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
>> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
>> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

MiKTeX search path corrupted? Filename databse problem?

> See http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/inconsolata-sty-is-liable-to-disappear-texinfo-5-1-td4669976.html
>
> Get R-patched.

Other option:

Try another MiKTeX update.

I've just had a look at what TeX Live Utility would want to update in MacTeX 2013 and it appears that inconsolata is back.
And it's also on CTAN: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/inconsolata (dated 2013-07-03).

Berend

> Berend

Re: While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

Berend Hasselman

On 12-07-2013, at 18:04, Ravi Varadhan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> While using R CMD check I get the following Latex error message which occurs when creating PDF version of manual:
> LaTex error:  File `inconsolata.sty' not found
> I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) and R 3.0.1.  I have MikTex 2.9.
> I see that the incosolata.sty is present under \doc\fonts folder.  How can I eliminate this problem?

I've just now updated MacTeX 2013.

After the update kpsewhich inconsolata.sty gives:

/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/inconsolata/inconsolata.sty

and  kpsewhich zi4.sty gives

/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/latex/inconsolata/zi4.sty

These are essentially identical.

In the package itself there is no tex/inconsolata.sty
The README of the inconsolata package tells you what you could do with doc/fonts/inconsolata.sty

See http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/inconsolata

It appears that the MacTeX update has automatically taken care of the inconsolata.sty and zi4.sty issue.

Berend

Re: While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

QG306
When I changed zi4.sty to inconsolata.sty, it seems this problem being fixed. The PDF file can be generated with index. Another big issue I have no any clue with is as follows: * using log directory 'C:/Xu/pkgtest.Rcheck' * using R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) * using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit) * using session charset: ISO8859-1 * checking for file 'pkgtest/DESCRIPTION' ... OK * checking extension type ... Package * this is package 'pkgtest' version '1.0' * checking package namespace information ... OK * checking package dependencies ... OK * checking if this is a source package ... OK * checking if there is a namespace ... OK * checking for executable files ... OK * checking for hidden files and directories ... OK * checking for portable file names ... OK * checking whether package 'pkgtest' can be installed ... OK * checking installed package size ... OK * checking package directory ... OK * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK * checking top-level files ... OK * checking for left-over files ... OK * checking index information ... OK * checking package subdirectories ... OK * checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK * checking R files for syntax errors ... OK * checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK * checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK * checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK * checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK * checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK * checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... OK * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK * checking replacement functions ... OK * checking foreign function calls ... OK * checking R code for possible problems ... OK * checking Rd files ... OK * checking Rd metadata ... OK * checking Rd cross-references ... OK * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK * checking Rd contents ... OK * checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK * checking examples ... OK * checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING LaTeX errors when creating PDF version. This typically indicates Rd problems. LaTeX errors found: !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.EXE (file t1-zi4r-0): Font t1-zi4r-0 at 540 not found ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! * checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK WARNING: There was 1 warning. See 'C:/Xu/pkgtest.Rcheck/00check.log' for details. I am wondering if some experts can develop a consistent approach (procedure) or tool to avoid many confusions that have bothered many users.Thanks.

Re: While using R CMD check: LaTex error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found

QG306
I have been struggling to try many ways with old version of R tools,
MikTex, and R versions including R-patached and R-devel, os version
(windows 7 and 8), but no luck to pass R CMD check at all. It seems that
the missing inconsolata.sty is a key issue to bother so many R users,
especially for those R users without much experience of latex. Even I
renamed zi4.sty to inconsolata.sty, it did not work at all. I am wondering
if any experienced R tools developers can fix this issue. Thanks.

For reference, here is an example of a testing package with errors I had:

* using log directory 'E:/Dropbox/RGenMod/data.Rcheck'
* using R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'data/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'data' version '1.0'
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking whether package 'data' can be installed ... WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
  Warning: E:/Dropbox/RGenMod/data/man/data-package.Rd:31: All text must be
in a section
  Warning: E:/Dropbox/RGenMod/data/man/data-package.Rd:32: All text must be
in a section
See 'E:/Dropbox/RGenMod/data.Rcheck/00install.out' for details.
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ...
OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking Rd files ... WARNING
prepare_Rd: data-package.Rd:31: All text must be in a section
prepare_Rd: data-package.Rd:32: All text must be in a section
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... WARNING
Unknown package '<pkg>' in Rd xrefs
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking contents of 'data' directory ... OK
* checking data for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking data for ASCII and uncompressed saves ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! LaTeX Error: File `inconsolata.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.281

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK
WARNING: There were 4 warnings.
See
  'E:/Dropbox/RGenMod/data.Rcheck/00check.log'
for details.