Wireframe axis labels

Cashorali, Tanya
Hi,
I'm trying to do a surface plot using the wireframe function.
Everything is working beautifully except that I want to be able to
re-scale it a LOT so that I can fit ~145 labels on the x-axis or y-axis.
I've tried using zoom, scales, aspect, .. nothing seems to work.  The
help on wireframe in R says that you can input a list of labels for any
of the axes, but this has also failed.

Thanks for any help!
-Tanya

Re: Wireframe axis labels

Uwe Ligges
Cashorali, Tanya wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to do a surface plot using the wireframe function.
> Everything is working beautifully except that I want to be able to
> re-scale it a LOT so that I can fit ~145 labels on the x-axis or y-axis.
> I've tried using zoom, scales, aspect, .. nothing seems to work.  The
> help on wireframe in R says that you can input a list of labels for any
> of the axes, but this has also failed.

Hmmmm, you can do so, but I do not believe you really want 145 labels....:

g <- expand.grid(x = 1:145, y = 1:145, gr = 1:2)
g$z <- log((g$x^g$g + g$y^2) * g$gr)

wireframe(z ~ x * y, data = g, groups = gr,
           scales = list(arrows = FALSE, at=1:145))

Uwe Ligges