> Hi everyone,
> I'm an R newbie working with the poLCA module. I achieved my target without
> having to bother anyone, but It seems that I've got stuck at the last
> My problem is simple. I need to write my results into a file.
> My results are in the shape of a list (unbalanced columns)
> I've considered several methods (sink(), write.file) etc. etc.
> Unfortunately, I'm not the best brains in the market on this subject.
> I've also faced some difficulty in converting the list so that it can be
> written using write.file().
> Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards a good example that
> shows me how to write a list into a file safely.
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help > PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html > and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
# Reload the data, under the same name, 'myList'
Another way is a bit more complicated
# Open a file connection and write the list to it (using comma as separator)
fileCon <- file("test2.txt", open="wt")
lapply(myList, function(x) writeLines(paste(x, collapse=","), con=fileCon))
# Load the data, maybe under another name
If you use the first method, the list is retrieved as it was.
If you use the second, you lose the list's members' names.
> I tried writing this data into a file using the save(myList,
> file="test1.bin") command, but unfortunately, the numerical values seem
> to get garbled when I do so.
> The numbers in my RGui look like
> 0, 0.5, 0, 1 etc. etc.
> But when I stored it into a .bin file, and retrieved it using java code,
> it returns data such as,
The problem should be in the use of java, 'save' uses a R format , RDA.
You can use 'ascii=TRUE'and see it with a text editor. Also see
> I also tried the second method (using a # Open a file connection)
> Unfortunately, here too the data gets extremely garbled.
Don't understand why, check the output file with a text editor and let us know
what is wrong.
The problem I've seen is that the use of 'strsplit' coerses the numeric data to character,
but this is easy to solve.