XTS block plotting

V Kurien
Hi,
This question is about XTS plot functions:
XTS used to support both blocks and event line plotting in xts.plot, but I
can no longer find functionality for plotting blocks in xts (though
addEventLines works for event lines). Is there a way to do this or do I
have to dump the data and use ggplot?
thanks

Re: XTS block plotting

Ross Bennett
Yes, there is general functionality for plotting blocks. See
?xts::addPolygon.

Hope that helps,
Ross

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:54 AM V Kurien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> This question is about XTS plot functions:
> XTS used to support both blocks and event line plotting in xts.plot, but I
> can no longer find functionality for plotting blocks in xts (though
> addEventLines works for event lines). Is there a way to do this or do I
> have to dump the data and use ggplot?
> thanks

> should go.

Re: XTS block plotting

V Kurien
Thanks, took a look at addPolygon. Here is what it seems to be then -
obliged if you could confirm:

(1) Determine the upper and lower limits of the original time series over
the entire plotting period.
(2) Create a new time series with the same plotting period and the next two
columns being the y limits above.
(3) Call addPolygon - Looks like I select the time period of interest to
plot the polygon. BUT how do I add the second series on the same chart
panel behind the first? Is it some undocumented argument to on?