Quantcast

anova post hoc tests

Iasonas Lamprianou
Hi everybody

does anyone know how I can run ANOVA post-hoc tests using R commander or R in general?

Thank you

Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Re: anova post hoc tests

Joris FA Meys
See :
http://www.statmethods.net/stats/anova.html
?TukeyHSD

Cheers
Joris

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Iasonas Lamprianou <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> does anyone know how I can run ANOVA post-hoc tests using R commander or R
> in general?
>
> Thank you
>

> Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Joris Meys
Statistical Consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering

Coupure Links 653
B-9000 Gent

tel : +32 9 264 59 87

Re: anova post hoc tests

Richard M. Heiberger
Download and install

install.packages("RcmdrPlugin.HH")
library(RcmdrPlugin.HH)

Then there are two options.

The Rcmdr menu item
Statistics > Means > One-way ANOVA...
has a checkbox for pairwise comparison of means"
It uses glht in the multcomp package.

The second option, which I prefer, is to use the MMC (Mean-mean Multiple
Comparisons) plot.  I describe the one-way ANOVA use here. See the help
file for higher-order designs and user-specified contrasts.

After running the One-way ANOVA above,
click the Rcmdr menu item
Models > Graphs > MMC plot... (HH)
Select the model and click OK.

If the means of the groups are close together, you might need to check
the box for the tiebreaker plot.  You will need to record graph history if
you
need the teibreaker plot as it appears on a second page.

Rich

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Iasonas Lamprianou <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> does anyone know how I can run ANOVA post-hoc tests using R commander or R
> in general?
>
> Thank you
>

> Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Re: anova post hoc tests

Iasonas Lamprianou
Thanks, this is a good solution

Dr. Iasonas Lamprianou

Assistant Professor (Educational Research and Evaluation)

Department of Education Sciences

European University-Cyprus

P.O. Box 22006

1516 Nicosia