beta binomial distribution installation

Amany Abdel-Karim
Hello,

I  tried to install package �TailRank� using the command install.packages (RankTail) and library (TailRank) but I got the following errors. So, how can I install TaiRank in Rstudio to have se beta-binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDG of  beta-binomal?

The commands I used are:

> install.packages("TailRank")

Installing package into �C:/Users/stator-guest/Documents/R/win-library/3.4�

(as �lib� is unspecified)

Warning in install.packages :

  dependency �Biobase� is not available

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/TailRank_3.1.3.zip'

Content type 'application/zip' length 331270 bytes (323 KB)

downloaded 323 KB

package �TailRank� successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in

            C:\Users\stator-guest\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpoVx40V\downloaded_packages

> library(TailRank)

Error: package or namespace load failed for �TailRank� in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):

 there is no package called �Biobase�

In addition: Warning message:

package �TailRank� was built under R version 3.4.2

Re: beta binomial distribution installation

MCGUIRE, Rhydwyn-2
Hi there,

It looks like you also need the bioconductor package biobase, I found instructions for downloading that package here: www.bioconductor.org/install

Good luck.

Cheers,
Rhydwyn

I  tried to install package TailRank using the command install.packages (RankTail) and library (TailRank) but I got the following errors. So, how can I install TaiRank in Rstudio to have se beta-binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDG of  beta-binomal?

The commands I used are:

> install.packages("TailRank")

Installing package into C:/Users/stator-guest/Documents/R/win-library/3.4

(as lib is unspecified)

Warning in install.packages :

  dependency Biobase is not available

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/TailRank_3.1.3.zip'

Content type 'application/zip' length 331270 bytes (323 KB)

downloaded 323 KB

package TailRank successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in

            C:\Users\stator-guest\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpoVx40V\downloaded_packages

> library(TailRank)

Error: package or namespace load failed for TailRank in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):

 there is no package called Biobase

In addition: Warning message:

package TailRank was built under R version 3.4.2

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for the NSW Ministry of Health by the Websense Hosted Email Security System.
Emails and attachments are monitored to ensure compliance with the NSW Ministry of health's Electronic Messaging Policy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Ministry of Health.

Re: beta binomial distribution installation

Eric Berger
Hi,
I did a quick search for other packages that provide the beta binomial
distribution and found "rmutil".

> install.packages("rmutil")

The package has the CDF (pbetabinom) and inverse CDF (qbetabinom) among
other functions.

HTH,
Eric

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 7:50 AM, MCGUIRE, Rhydwyn <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It looks like you also need the bioconductor package biobase, I found
> instructions for downloading that package here:
> www.bioconductor.org/install
>
> Good luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Rhydwyn

Thank you for your response. I need to install RankTail package since it contains the beta binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDF in the usual form which I need to use. However rmutil package contain unusual forms for these functions. So it is easier for me to deal with the forms are contained in RankTail.

I tried to install  bioconductor package, using the following commands but I still got the following errors:

 (1) I tried biocLite() and then library ("TailRank"), I got the following errors.

> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> library("TailRank")
Error: package or namespace load failed for �TailRank� in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called �Biobase�
In addition: Warning messages:
1: package �TailRank� was built under R version 3.4.2
2: package �oompaBase� was built under R version 3.4.2

(2) I tried to write the command biocLite(), then biocLite("TailRank"), I got the following errors:

> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite("ilRank")
Error in biocLite("ilRank") : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite()
Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
> biocLite("TailRank")
Error in biocLite("TailRank") : could not find function "biocLite"

Also, I checked under packages on the right side of the R window and I found TailRank , Description is Tail-Rank statistic, and version is 3.1.3. So, I tried to write the following code in the console window to check if the package works:

> N<-20
> u<-3
> v<-10
> p<-u/u+v
> x<-0:N

> yy<-dbb(x,N,u,v)

I got the following error:
Error in dbb(x, N, u, v) : could not find function "dbb"

I am confused because if the package TailRank is already there, why the pervious code does not work to calculate dbb (x,N,u,v) and I got error? If I do not have the package, would you please let me know the right commands I should write in the script window to install TaiRank because the commands I used (which I mentioned at the beginning of the email did not work and gave errors). I appreciate your help since I am a new user of R.

Amany

________________________________

I did a quick search for other packages that provide the beta binomial distribution and found "rmutil".

> install.packages("rmutil")

The package has the CDF (pbetabinom) and inverse CDF (qbetabinom) among other functions.

HTH,
Eric

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 7:50 AM, MCGUIRE, Rhydwyn <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi there,

It looks like you also need the bioconductor package biobase, I found instructions for downloading that package here: www.bioconductor.org/install<http://www.bioconductor.org/install>

Good luck.

Cheers,
Rhydwyn

I  tried to install package TailRank using the command install.packages (RankTail) and library (TailRank) but I got the following errors. So, how can I install TaiRank in Rstudio to have se beta-binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDG of  beta-binomal?

The commands I used are:

> install.packages("TailRank")

Installing package into C:/Users/stator-guest/Documents/R/win-library/3.4

(as lib is unspecified)

Warning in install.packages :

  dependency Biobase is not available

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.4/TailRank_3.1.3.zip'

Content type 'application/zip' length 331270 bytes (323 KB)

downloaded 323 KB

package TailRank successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in

            C:\Users\stator-guest\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpoVx40V\downloaded_packages

> library(TailRank)

Error: package or namespace load failed for TailRank in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):

 there is no package called Biobase

In addition: Warning message:

package TailRank was built under R version 3.4.2

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for the NSW Ministry of Health by the Websense Hosted Email Security System.
Emails and attachments are monitored to ensure compliance with the NSW Ministry of health's Electronic Messaging Policy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Ministry of Health.

Re: beta binomial distribution installation

Eric Berger
Hi Amany,
I had no trouble installing TailRank and bioconductor using the link Rhydwyn
 provided.
I was curious about your statement that TailRank uses a different
parameterization for the betabinomial distribution than rmutil.
I looked at the documentation for the two packages and the transformation
to go from one to the other is straightforward.
If you want, you can do the following.
Let (N,u,v) be the parameters used in TailRank and (N,m,s) the parameters
used in rmutil. The correspondence is:

N = N, m  = u/(u+v), s = u+v.

This means you can define functions such as:

mypbb <- function(x,N,u,v) { rmutil::pbetabinom(x,N,u/(u+v),u+v) }   # CDF
myqbb <- function(x,N,u,v) { rmutil:qbetabinom{x,N,u/(u+v),u+v) }  #
inverse CDF

HTH,
Eric

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Amany Abdel-Karim <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your response. I need to install RankTail package since it
> contains the beta binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDF in the usual
> form which I need to use. However rmutil package contain unusual forms for
> these functions. So it is easier for me to deal with the forms are
> contained in RankTail.
>
> I tried to install  bioconductor package, using the following commands
> but I still got the following errors:
>

>  (1) I tried biocLite() and then library ("TailRank"), I got the following
> errors.
>
> > biocLite()Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"> library("TailRank")Loading required package: oompaBaseError: package or namespace load failed for ‘TailRank’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
>  there is no package called ‘Biobase’In addition: Warning messages:1: package ‘TailRank’ was built under R version 3.4.2 2: package ‘oompaBase’ was built under R version 3.4.2
>

> (2) I tried to write the command biocLite(), then biocLite("TailRank"), I got the following errors:
>
> > biocLite()Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"> biocLite("ilRank")Error in biocLite("ilRank") : could not find function "biocLite"> biocLite()Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"> biocLite("TailRank")Error in biocLite("TailRank") : could not find function "biocLite"
>

> Also, I checked under packages on the right side of the R window and I
> found TailRank , Description is Tail-Rank statistic, and version is 3.1.3.
> So, I tried to write the following code in the console window to check if
> the package works:
>
> > N<-20> u<-3> v<-10> p<-u/u+v> x<-0:N
>
> > yy<-dbb(x,N,u,v)
>

> I got the following error:Error in dbb(x, N, u, v) : could not find function "dbb"
>

> I am confused because if the package TailRank is already there, why the
> pervious code does not work to calculate dbb (x,N,u,v) and I got error? If
> I do not have the package, would you please let me know the right commands
> I should write in the script window to install TaiRank because the commands
> I used (which I mentioned at the beginning of the email did not work and
> gave errors). I appreciate your help since I am a new user of R.
>

> Amany
>

> ------------------------------

David Winsemius

> On Nov 1, 2017, at 9:09 AM, Amany Abdel-Karim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your response. I need to install RankTail package since it contains the beta binomial distribution, CDF and inverse CDF in the usual form which I need to use. However rmutil package contain unusual forms for these functions. So it is easier for me to deal with the forms are contained in RankTail.
>
> I tried to install  bioconductor package, using the following commands but I still got the following errors:
>

> (1) I tried biocLite() and then library ("TailRank"), I got the following errors.

It appears you failed to follow the full instructions which were to execute:

source("https://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite()

The first line creates the biocLite function within your workspace.

--
David.

>> biocLite()
> Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
>> library("TailRank")
> Error: package or namespace load failed for �TailRank� in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
> there is no package called �Biobase�
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: package �TailRank� was built under R version 3.4.2
> 2: package �oompaBase� was built under R version 3.4.2
>

> (2) I tried to write the command biocLite(), then biocLite("TailRank"), I got the following errors:
>
>> biocLite()
> Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
>> biocLite("ilRank")
> Error in biocLite("ilRank") : could not find function "biocLite"
>> biocLite()
> Error in biocLite() : could not find function "biocLite"
>> biocLite("TailRank")
> Error in biocLite("TailRank") : could not find function "biocLite"
>

> Also, I checked under packages on the right side of the R window and I found TailRank , Description is Tail-Rank statistic, and version is 3.1.3. So, I tried to write the following code in the console window to check if the package works:
>
>> N<-20
>> u<-3
>> v<-10
>> p<-u/u+v
>> x<-0:N
>
>> yy<-dbb(x,N,u,v)
>

> I got the following error:
> Error in dbb(x, N, u, v) : could not find function "dbb"
>

> I am confused because if the package TailRank is already there, why the pervious code does not work to calculate dbb (x,N,u,v) and I got error? If I do not have the package, would you please let me know the right commands I should write in the script window to install TaiRank because the commands I used (which I mentioned at the beginning of the email did not work and gave errors). I appreciate your help since I am a new user of R.
>

> Amany

Alameda, CA, USA