beta binomial distribution

Akram Alhadainy
Hi,
I need to write two inequalities depend on cumulative distribution (CDF) of
beta binomial distribution where alpha and beta are unknown and need to
find them.
 CDF of betabinomial(2,10,alpha,beta) <0.3<=CDF of
betabinomial(3,10,alpha,beta)
and
 CDF of betabinomial(5,10,alpha,beta) <0.8<=CDF of
betabinomial(6,10,alpha,beta)
How I can do that using r studio package?
I tried to do that using pbetabinom but it gives error and could not
discover this function? How I can define this distribution in r studio?
Thank you,
Akram

Re: beta binomial distribution

David Winsemius

> On Oct 6, 2017, at 6:17 PM, Akram Alhadainy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I need to write two inequalities depend on cumulative distribution (CDF) of
> beta binomial distribution where alpha and beta are unknown and need to
> find them.
> CDF of betabinomial(2,10,alpha,beta) <0.3<=CDF of
> betabinomial(3,10,alpha,beta)
> and
> CDF of betabinomial(5,10,alpha,beta) <0.8<=CDF of
> betabinomial(6,10,alpha,beta)

It remains unclear what this apparent homework problem us supposed to be teaching you to do. I see no constraints on alpha and beta, and you have shown no effort to submit complete code.

> How I can do that using r studio package?
> I tried to do that using pbetabinom but it gives error and could not
> discover this function? How I can define this distribution in r studio?

I'm not a regular user of the rstudio IDE but maybe it incorporates a search function? In a non-rstudio environment I would suggest:

install.packages("sos")
library(sos)
findFn("betabinomial")

# should also succeed in rstudio.

> Thank you,
> Akram
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

And learn to post in plain text. Also read these documents.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA