bitbucket code

prof.amit.mittal

I installed a local zip file a few days ago and the package was recently
modified on bitbucket , with a stable zip version not yet available.

How many days does it usually take to get a stable zip version. How can I
`devtools` it from the bitbucket the fastest way? I have my own sourcetree
and the author has created in cloud.

BR

Amit

Listusers,

Early answers help everyone.  Please acknowledge when you receive a useful
reply.

Re: bitbucket code

braverock
This question really belongs on R-help or a forum like Stack Overflow,
as it has nothing to do with finance.  I understand that this is
related to the thread on rmgarch, but it could have been asked in that
thread with more specificity.

On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 15:32 +0530, [hidden email] wrote:
> I installed a local zip file a few days ago and the package was
> recently modified on bitbucket , with a stable zip version not yet
> available.
>
> How many days does it usually take to get a stable zip version.

That depends on when a new version is released to CRAN, or when a
version is created in an alternative repository such as DRAT.  It will
be completely dependent on the package.  For example, because of the
hassle of testing and releasing a large package to CRAN, I typically
release new versions of PerformanceAnalytics only about once a year.
Others with smaller packages or more spare time to meet CRAN's ever-
changing standards or more automated testing release packages more
frequently.

> How can I `devtools` it from the bitbucket the fastest way? I have my
> own sourcetree and the author has created in cloud.

I think the answer to your question is in the devtools documentation:

https://www.rstudio.com/products/rpackages/devtools/

You'll also need Rtools on Windows, which I assume is relevant since
you mention a zip file.

After you have devtools and Rtools installed, you can use
install_bitbucket() to build and install from the repository (assumedly
rmgarch).

Regards,

Brian

Re: bitbucket code

prof.amit.mittal
Thanks Brian, I did repost the query per suggestion but left in here for
other users of `rmgarch` , `PerformanceAnalytics` and `GAS`

If RTOOLS is not updated how do we use new source from bit/git and others

BR
Amit

--

______________________________

Amit Mittal
Pursuing Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting
Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
Visit my SSRN author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
* Top 10% Downloaded Author on SSRN
Mob: +91 7525023664

This message has been sent from a mobile device. I may contact you again.

Re: bitbucket code

braverock
> Thanks Brian, I did repost the query per suggestion but left in here
> for other users of `rmgarch` , `PerformanceAnalytics` and `GAS`
>
> If RTOOLS is not updated how do we use new source from bit/git and
> others

You need the right version of Rtools for your version of R.

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

You only need to update Rtools when you update R, for the most part.

The devtools install_* functions will download and build the latest
code from the default branch of whatver repository you point them at,
or a specific branch if that is what you need e.g. to test a proposed
patch.

Regards,

Brian

> On Wed 29 Aug, 2018, 21:34 Brian G. Peterson, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > This question really belongs on R-help or a forum like Stack
> > Overflow,
> > as it has nothing to do with finance.  I understand that this is
> > related to the thread on rmgarch, but it could have been asked in
> > that
> > thread with more specificity.
> >
> > On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 15:32 +0530, [hidden email]
> > wrote:
> > > I installed a local zip file a few days ago and the package was
> > > recently modified on bitbucket , with a stable zip version not
> > yet
> > > available.
> > >
> > > How many days does it usually take to get a stable zip version.
> >
> > That depends on when a new version is released to CRAN, or when a
> > version is created in an alternative repository such as DRAT.  It
> > will
> > be completely dependent on the package.  For example, because of
> > the
> > hassle of testing and releasing a large package to CRAN, I
> > typically
> > release new versions of PerformanceAnalytics only about once a
> > year.
> > Others with smaller packages or more spare time to meet CRAN's
> > ever-
> > changing standards or more automated testing release packages more
> > frequently.
> >
> > > How can I `devtools` it from the bitbucket the fastest way? I
> > have my
> > > own sourcetree and the author has created in cloud.
> >
> > I think the answer to your question is in the devtools
> > documentation:
> >
> > https://www.rstudio.com/products/rpackages/devtools/
> >
> > You'll also need Rtools on Windows, which I assume is relevant
> > since
> > you mention a zip file.
> >
> > After you have devtools and Rtools installed, you can use
> > install_bitbucket() to build and install from the repository
> > (assumedly
> > rmgarch).
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Brian
>
> --
> ______________________________
> Amit Mittal
> Pursuing Ph.D. in Finance and Accounting
> Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
> Visit my SSRN author page:
> http://ssrn.com/author=2665511
> * Top 10% Downloaded Author on SSRN
> Mob: +91 7525023664
> This message has been sent from a mobile device. I may contact you
> again.

Re: bitbucket code

prof.amit.mittal
But devtools::install_bit.. keeps throwing the same error and exits
install. Sorry, but suggested link did not close issue

--