book and website announcement

Eric Zivot
The 2nd Edition of my book (with Jiahui Wang) Modeling Financial Time Series
with S-PLUS has recently been published by Springer-Verlag. The 2nd Edition
is updated to cover S-PLUS 7 and S+FinMetrics 2.0. I have also created a
website for the 2nd Edition, which can be found at

http://faculty.washington.edu/ezivot/MFTS2ndEdition.htm

The website contains scripts for all of the examples in the book, as well as
a substantial amount of additional material and examples.

Re: book and website announcement

Sean O'Riordain-2
Hi Eric,

It seems like a very interesting book, but in the summary on the
webpage, it doesn't seem to work with R, is this correct?  As an
researcher who is not attached to any institution at the moment, I
could not possibly afford to pay for S-Plus and S+FinMetrics, but then
why would I when R is where its happening anyway!

cheers,
Sean