cannot allocate vector of size n

Sahar Ansari
Hello

I have a memory problem,when I am running my code with RStudio-1.0.143
(64bit) on windows 2012 server with 6 GB ram (VPS)

I receive the following error message:

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 2.5 Gb

I used to run this source code on this machine with no difficulty . I
haven't changed the source code and the specification of the machine
whereas I'm facing this error recently.

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that you might have.

Sincerely Yours,

Re: cannot allocate vector of size n

Michael Hannon-2
(1) That's an old version of R Studio, although I doubt that that's
the source of your problem.

(2) What is your session info?

    > sessionInfo()
or
    > devtools::session_info()

I just allocated a numeric vector of size 2.5e9 on a 16GB linux box (R
3.4.3).  It worked, but it pretty much exhausted my memory.

-- Mike