Quantcast

cex.axis for the x axis

Pavel77
Hello,
I would like to change the font size of the x axis annotations.
cex.axis changes the y axis annotations only.
Does anyone know how to change the x axis annotations?
With thanks,
Pavel.

Re: cex.axis for the x axis

Mark Difford
Hi Pavel,

First, annonations should have the same cex-size on each axis. That said, the way that this is implemented is not too cexy (ouch!). You need to plot without axes, e.g. plot(obj, axes=F), then you add your axes afterwards using your own specifications.

?axes

Also see ?par (sub ann)

HTH, Mark.

Pavel77 wrote
Hello,
I would like to change the font size of the x axis annotations.
cex.axis changes the y axis annotations only.
Does anyone know how to change the x axis annotations?
With thanks,
Pavel.
Mark Difford (Ph.D.)
Research Associate
Botany Department
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Re: cex.axis for the x axis

Mark Difford
Hi Pavel,

And perhaps read the entry for cex.axis a little more carefully. And bear in mind that labels, main, and sub are distinct, having their own cex.- settings.

HTH, Mark.

Mark Difford wrote
[...]

Thanks Mark,
I was hoping I wouldn't have to annotate axes individually but have been able to work through it with your direction.
Pavel.