Quantcast

clear console

robert-mcfadden
Hi R Users,

In Windows I can clear console using CTRL-L, but can I do this by certain
command in my programs? e.g

for (i in 1:100000){

something

clear console

Rob

Re: clear console

Gabor Grothendieck
Check out:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/06/02/21634.html

On 4/5/07, Robert McFadden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R Users,
>
> In Windows I can clear console using CTRL-L, but can I do this by certain
> command in my programs? e.g
>
> for (i in 1:100000){
>
> something
>
> clear console
>
> }
>

> Best,
>
> Rob

Re: clear console

robert-mcfadden
Gabor thank you very much. It works wonderful.
Rob

Re: clear console

Bos, Roger

This has been asked previously and I happened to have saved the final
answer:

cls <- function() {
       require(rcom)
       wsh <- comCreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
       comInvoke(wsh, "SendKeys", "\014")
       invisible(wsh)
}

On 4/5/07, Robert McFadden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R Users,
>
> In Windows I can clear console using CTRL-L, but can I do this by
> certain command in my programs? e.g
>
> for (i in 1:100000){
>
> something
>
> clear console
>
> }
>

> Best,
>
> Rob

********************************************************************** *
This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment
of this message is waived or lost by any error in
transmission. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail,
delete the message and all copies from your system and destroy
any hard copies. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.