convertTime package.

R help mailing list-2
To whom it might concern.  I am working on a project that needs the convertTime function. I am currently using version 3.4.1 and it says not available for the version.  Two questions is there a work around for the function or is there another package that contains that functions.

Thanks,

Scott Anderwald

Re: convertTime package.

Sarah Goslee
Hi Scott,

Where did you get this function originally? I can't find anything about it.

What OS are you using?

What says, "not available for the version"? Where are you getting that error?

What are you trying to accomplish? What does that function actually
do? It's impossible to suggest a work-around for a function of unknown
purpose and origin.

(The posting guide for this list suggests you include all of that
information when you inquire.)

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: convertTime package.

Eric Berger
If you need a function (e.g. convertTime ) from a package (unknown?) then
you cannot simply instruct R to install the function.
e.g. if you give the command
> install.packages("convertTime")
you will get an error message like
"package 'convertTime' is not available (for R version 3.4.1)"

I did a Google search and found a package called SGP that has a function
"convertTime". I have no idea if it is the function you are looking for but
installing that package worked fine in R version 3.4.1.  So you can try

> install.packages("SGP")

HTH,
Eric