deSolve additional output

ppaarrkk
With ode(), does anyone know how to include additional variables (that are calculated as interim variables or by-products) in the final output ?

Normally, you'll get an error saying

Error in checkFunc(Func2, times, y, rho) :
  The number of derivatives returned by func() (8) must equal the length of the initial conditions vector (7)

.....but if I include the variables in the initial conditions, then they are treated as derivatives, which I don't want.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks.