elements from 'sem' function

andre tavares correa dias
Hi,
I would like to print elements from sem (structural equation modeling)
function (e.g., model-reproduced covariance matrix (C); estimated asymptotic
covariance matrix of parameter estimates (cov)).

How can I  do this?

Thanks,
André

--
André Tavares Corrêa Dias
Laboratório de Ecologia Vegetal

Re: elements from 'sem' function

Fox, John
Dear André,

The components of the "sem" object returned by sem() are explained on the
help page ?sem. There are several methods for "sem" objects:

> methods(class="sem")
[1] mod.indices.sem*            normalized.residuals.sem*
[3] path.diagram.sem*           print.sem*
[5] residuals.sem*              standardized.residuals.sem*
[7] summary.sem*

To retrieve components of the object directly, just use, e.g., object$C (for
the reproduced covariance matrix), or object$coeff (for estimates of free
parameters), in the normal manner for indexing a list. It would probably be
better for me to provide accessor functions [e.g., for the coef() generic]
for at least some of these, so I'll put that on the list of things to do.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology