envelope line from a cloud of points

juli g. pausas
Hi,
Is there a way in R to plot an envelope line from a cloud of points
(x, y data) ? That is, a smooth line that include all points, where
the points do not follow a strait linear pattern. Could somebody
redirect me to some package or function for this? Thanks in advance.

Juli

--
http://www.ceam.es/pausas

Re: envelope line from a cloud of points

RKoenker
smooth is in the eye of the beholder, but you could look at the
function convex.hull in the package tripack.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    [hidden email]            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820

On May 5, 2008, at 7:56 AM, juli pausas wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way in R to plot an envelope line from a cloud of points
> (x, y data) ? That is, a smooth line that include all points, where
> the points do not follow a strait linear pattern. Could somebody
> redirect me to some package or function for this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Juli
>
> --
> http://www.ceam.es/pausas

Re: envelope line from a cloud of points

slre
See
?chull