error loading RWinEdt

Rodrigo Tsai
Dear R Helpers,

I would be very pleased with your help, again.

I have this problem when installing / loading RWinEdt. I use R 2.1.1version.
The same error message occurs when installing from mirrors.

thanks in advance,
Rodrigo Tsai.

> install.packages("c:/tsai/pessoal/soft/r-project/RWinEdt_1.7-4.zip",
repos=NULL, method="source")
package 'RWinEdt' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions

> library(RWinEdt)
Error in getWinEdt() :
WinEdt is not installed properly.
Either reinstall WinEdt or install R-WinEdt manually as described in the
ReadMe
In addition: Warning message:
package 'RWinEdt' was built under R version 2.2.1
Error: .onAttach failed in 'attachNamespace'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RWinEdt'

Re: error loading RWinEdt

Uwe Ligges
Rodrigo Tsai wrote:

> Dear R Helpers,
>
> I would be very pleased with your help, again.
>
> I have this problem when installing / loading RWinEdt. I use R 2.1.1version.
> The same error message occurs when installing from mirrors.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Rodrigo Tsai.
>

>>install.packages("c:/tsai/pessoal/soft/r-project/RWinEdt_1.7-4.zip",
>
> repos=NULL, method="source")
> package 'RWinEdt' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> updating HTML package descriptions
>

>>library(RWinEdt)
>
> Error in getWinEdt() :
> WinEdt is not installed properly.
> Either reinstall WinEdt or install R-WinEdt manually as described in the
> ReadMe

So, did you try to reinstall WinEdt? Which version of WinEdt are you
using? RWinEdt tries to collect information on WinEdt from the Windows
registry and failed, obviously.
Additionally, you might want to upgrade to R-2.2.1.

Uwe Ligges