error to run this package

Anima Pramanik
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1], envir
= env):
 cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb

please help me to get a solution of this problem

Re: error to run this package

R help mailing list-2
Since we don't know what you were doing when this happened it is a bit difficult to guess.
Please supply a minimal set of code that demonstrates what you were doing that gives this error.
The output of sessionInfo() would also be useful.
Have a look at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
or
Reproducibility · Advanced R.for some idea of the type of information that would useful.
The simplist solution might be to make sure that you have enough memory available since the error says, "cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb".

|  |

    On Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 9:07:04 AM EDT, Anima Pramanik <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1], envir
= env):
 cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb

please help me to get a solution of this problem

Re: error to run this package

Jeff Newmiller
Please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of this and every message on this list. Things like the following you should consider:

What did you do between the time you started R and this error occurred? There is a presumption that we can reproduce your actions and perhaps get the same result.

What is the output of sessionInfo() just before this error occurs?

Send your email in plain text, since html gets mangled frequently before we see your message.

On October 31, 2017 5:41:36 AM PDT, Anima Pramanik <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1],
>envir
>= env):
> cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb
>

>please help me to get a solution of this problem

Re: error to run this package

Jeff Newmiller
Cc'ing back to the list... ALWAYS reply-to-all to keep the list included... I don't know all the answers and I don't reply to every request since this is volunteer time on my part.

That error does not occur when I load that package. Please re-read my previous recommendations and follow all of them... maybe someone else will notice something.

On October 31, 2017 9:01:51 AM PDT, Anima Pramanik <[hidden email]> wrote:

>library("car", lib.loc="~/R/win-library/3.4")
>Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1],
>envir
>= env):
> cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb
>
>On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Jeff Newmiller
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of this and
>every
>> message on this list. Things like the following you should consider:
>>
>> What did you do between the time you started R and this error
>occurred?
>> There is a presumption that we can reproduce your actions and perhaps
>get
>> the same result.
>>
>> What is the output of sessionInfo() just before this error occurs?
>>
>> Send your email in plain text, since html gets mangled frequently
>before
>> we see your message.
>> --
>>
>> On October 31, 2017 5:41:36 AM PDT, Anima Pramanik
><[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in get(Info[i, 1],
>> >envir
>> >= env):
>> > cannot allocate memory block of size 2.5 Gb
>> >

>> >please help me to get a solution of this problem
>> >
>> >       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>> >and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Re: error to run this package

Fox, John
Dear John and Anima,

I didn't reply earlier because other people got to it before I did and because, given the lack of information in the original post, there wasn't anything to add.

The car package shouldn't require anything near 2.5 Gb to load. Here's what I get under Windows 10 with R 3.4.2:

> memory.size()
[1] 62.08
> library(car)
> memory.size()
[1] 166.09

The units are MB (the ?memory.size help page says "Mb" but I believe that's usually for "megabits" and that it isn't what's intended).

Some more information, as has been suggested by other posters, might help.

Best,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University