font size/disappearing labels

Karin Lagesen

I am sorry if you get this email twice, but it did not show up in the
digest nor on the web archive, so I am taking the chance of resending
it.

I am using vioplot to make nice boxplots, which I am outputting to
postscript. I am using the paper=special and width and height to get
the graphs to look nice. I do however have a problem with the size of
the labels and titles. When I set fontsize as an option to the
postscript call too high, one of the labels disappear, although there
is enough space for it (imo, that is). This I have understood is an
effect of the system trying to avoid overlapping numbers. Is there a
way I can override this function though? Can I force it to show all of
the labels, although they might be "too close"?

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD student
[hidden email]

Re: font size/disappearing labels

Martin Maechler

    Karin> I am sorry if you get this email twice, but it did not show up in the
    Karin> digest nor on the web archive, so I am taking the chance of resending
    Karin> it.

But it's definitely there in both the digest and the web archive;
here the archive entry:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-February/086365.html

I rather think nobody felt compelled to answer you,
because you didn't follow the posting guide (see link at end of
*every* R-help mesage) well (look for "reproducible" in the guide!).

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich