gdistance::shortestPath throws error "not a symmetric matrix"

gdistance::shortestPath throws error "not a symmetric matrix"

Loris Bennett-2
Hi,

Calling

  gdistance::shortestPath

gives me the error

  Error in asMethod(object) :
    not a symmetric matrix; consider forceSymmetric() or symmpart()

The output of dput(.traceback()) is

  pairlist("stop(\"not a symmetric matrix; consider forceSymmetric() or symmpart()\")",
  "asMethod(object)",
  "as(Laplacian,\"symmetricMatrix\")",
  ".Laplacian(x)", ".flowMap(x, ci, cj, tc)",
  ".local(x, origin, goal, ...)",
  c("passage(conduct_Tobler, origin =sites@coords[5, ], goal = sites@coords[3, ", " ])"),
  c("passage(conduct_Tobler, origin = sites@coords[5, ], goal = sites@coords[3, ", " ])"),
  "eval(ei, envir)", "eval(ei, envir)",
  "withVisible(eval(ei, envir))",
  "source(\"./Skript.R\")")

Is that enough for anyone to point me in the right direction?

I am aware that this question would be probably better posted on
r-sig-geo, but as I am just an HPC janitor trying to help a customer and
am not a geo-scientist myself, I thought I'd ask here first before
signing up to (yet another) list.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
ZEDAT, Freie Universit├Ąt Berlin         Email [hidden email]

Re: gdistance::shortestPath throws error "not a symmetric matrix"

Jeff Newmiller
It is really hard to help you fix a function usage error if you don't show us how you used the function. [1][2][3]

As for helping a customer by asking for help on the wrong list... you are not an expert on the topic, and are asking a group that might or might not know the theory behind your question. You might achieve success, but it might also be better to remove at least one handicap by either or both strategies of having the customer ask themselves or asking on the right list.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)