generating cran package list matching R minor version

Threaded

generating cran package list matching R minor version

Christian Meesters-2
Dear All,

It is a common problem to update R for distributors. My challenge is to
maintain R module files for a cluster, using easybuild.

My question is: Is there a way to derive a list of cran packages and
their version for a given version of R?

In case addressing the R-help list is addressing wrong list, any pointer
is appreciated.

Best regards,

Christian Meesters

Threaded

Re: generating cran package list matching R minor version

David Winsemius

> On Aug 9, 2017, at 5:38 AM, Christian Meesters <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> It is a common problem to update R for distributors. My challenge is to maintain R module files for a cluster, using easybuild.
>
> My question is: Is there a way to derive a list of cran packages and their version for a given version of R?

I'm wondering whether this is a well-defined question. The could have been several versions of a package released over the course of any given interval during which any one version (major or minor variants) of R might have been "current". You should ascertain the dimensions of the problem by first viewing three webpages:

1) https://cran.r-project.org/src/base/     # versions of R (source)
2) https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary_by_package.html  #(current packages by fork of R)
3) https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive   # Package Archive

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Threaded

Re: generating cran package list matching R minor version

R help mailing list-2
I believe that https://mran.microsoft.com/packages contains daily snapshots
of CRAN and you can use the 'checkpoint' package to retrieve packages as
they were on any given day.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com