genetics: backward haplotype transmission association algorithm

genetics: backward haplotype transmission association algorithm

tring
Dear friends - a couple of papers in PNAS (lastly:framework for making
better predictions by directly estimating variables' predictivity, Lo et
al PNAS 2016; 113:14277-14282) have focused interest on mapping complex
traits to multiple loci spread all over the genome. I have been around
on the relevant taskview(s) I hope but fail to see that the backward
haplotype transmission association algorithm (BHTA) first described by
the authors in Hum Hered 2002; 53: 197-215. I wonder whether the
algorithm has been implemented in R - primarily I ask since I fail to
understand exactly how the algorithm works and thought R code would help
there.

All best wishes

Troels Ring
Aalborg, Denmark

Re: genetics: backward haplotype transmission association algorithm

Bert Gunter-2
You may get lucky here, but I recommend that you post this instead on the
Bioconductor list, which is exactly concerned with such things.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."