ggplot2 version 3

R help mailing list-2
Hi All:

When I ask about updating packages in my R distribution,  it lists ggplot2 version 3.0.0 as being available.  I know that ggplot2 version 3.0.0 has made some significant changes that will break certain things.  I would like to install the new version, to see if it breaks anything that I do,  but I would also like to be able to revert back to the old version if it makes it impossible to do some of the work I need to get done,  and then switch back again to the new version to test some more.  Is there some elegant way of doing this?  If I just drag the appropriate Folder out of my directory and replace it with the one I want,  will that do it,  or are there too many other dependencies that are involved?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Roy

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
***Note new street address***
110 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831)-420-3666
Fax: (831) 420-3980
e-mail: [hidden email] www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

Re: ggplot2 version 3

R help mailing list-2
One way to test the new ggplot2 is to make a new directory to use as an R
library and to install the new ggplot2 there.
   newLibrary <- "C:/tmp/newRLibrary"
   dir.create(newLibrary)
   install.packages("ggplot2", lib=newLibrary)
Then you can run two R sessions at once, starting one with
   .libPaths("C:/tmp/newRLibrary")
to use the new ggplot2 and the othe without that line to use the old ggpot2.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-help <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> When I ask about updating packages in my R distribution,  it lists ggplot2
> version 3.0.0 as being available.  I know that ggplot2 version 3.0.0 has
> made some significant changes that will break certain things.  I would like
> to install the new version, to see if it breaks anything that I do,  but I
> would also like to be able to revert back to the old version if it makes it
> impossible to do some of the work I need to get done,  and then switch back
> again to the new version to test some more.  Is there some elegant way of
> doing this?  If I just drag the appropriate Folder out of my directory and
> replace it with the one I want,  will that do it,  or are there too many
> other dependencies that are involved?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> -Roy
>

> **********************
> "The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
> Government or NOAA."
> **********************
> Roy Mendelssohn
> Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
> NOAA/NMFS
> Environmental Research Division
> Southwest Fisheries Science Center
> ***Note new street address***
> 110 McAllister Way
> Santa Cruz, CA 95060
> Phone: (831)-420-3666
> Fax: (831) 420-3980
> e-mail: [hidden email] www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/
>
> "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."
> "From those who have been given much, much will be expected"
> "the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" -MLK
> Jr.

> posting-guide.html

Re: ggplot2 version 3

R help mailing list-2