google fusiontables

RKoenker
I'm wondering whether anyone knows of an interface of R to google's relatively new fusiontables

http://www.google.com/fusiontables/public/tour/index.html

http://code.google.com/apis/fusiontables/docs/developers_guide.html

having googled around a bit one comes eventually to this:

http://andrei.lopatenko.com/rstat/fusion-tables.R

but it seems to have been dropped when the author bit the Apple.  I'm looking for a  simple way to
generate web based stuff from R for classes, and this looked like a more lively option than the defunct
Rpad, or other things that I've uncovered.  If there are other good options, preferably with some
documentation and examples,  I'd be happy to hear about them too.

TIA,
Roger