Quantcast

gz netCDF files

Magdalena Lucini
Hello,

I am trying to access several netCDF files that are also zipped (via
gzip I guess) (and stored in a directory that I only have reading
permit)

I tried to unzip them using gzfile, gzcon, etc, and then open them
with open.ncdf (from ncdf package). Everything was unsuccesful.

I had no problem using the ncdf package with "normal" netCDF files

I would really appreciate any suggestion

Thanks

Magdalena Lucini
Dept.  of Physics
U of Toronto

Re: gz netCDF files

jbaiao
I am experiencing the same problem with ncdf bzipped (bz2) files.
After many tries I still can't find a way to open them...
Does any one know how to do it?
I would really appreciate your help.

Fernando Lima
Dept. Biol. Sciences