heat maps with qplot

Threaded

heat maps with qplot

greg holly
 Hi all;

The followings are my R codes for heat maps in ggplot2. I need to specify
the font size for the y-axis (x-axis works) as well as font size for label
y and x too. Your help highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

qplot(x=Var1, y=Var2, data=melt(cor(a, use="p")), fill=value, geom="tile") +
 scale_fill_gradient2(limits=c(-1, 1))+
 ylab('Super pathways') +
 xlab('Significant Metabolites in Super pathways for DI') +
 theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle = 90, hjust = 1, size=6))

Threaded

Re: heat maps with qplot

Ulrik Stervbo-2
Hi Greg,

?theme

You can use the axis.text and axis.title if y and x are to be identical, or
axis.text.x, axis.text.y, axis.title.x, axis.title.y if you need different
font size.

HTH
Ulrik

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 at 15:47 greg holly <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi all;
>
> The followings are my R codes for heat maps in ggplot2. I need to specify
> the font size for the y-axis (x-axis works) as well as font size for label
> y and x too. Your help highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
>
> qplot(x=Var1, y=Var2, data=melt(cor(a, use="p")), fill=value, geom="tile")
> +
>  scale_fill_gradient2(limits=c(-1, 1))+
>  ylab('Super pathways') +
>  xlab('Significant Metabolites in Super pathways for DI') +
>  theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle = 90, hjust = 1, size=6))

Threaded

Re: heat maps with qplot

greg holly
Thanks Ulrik for this, This is my first experience in heat maps. Yours
advise for the theme would be appreciated.

Greg

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Ulrik Stervbo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> ?theme
>
> You can use the axis.text and axis.title if y and x are to be identical,
> or axis.text.x, axis.text.y, axis.title.x, axis.title.y if you need
> different font size.
>
> HTH
> Ulrik
>
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 at 15:47 greg holly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Hi all;
>>
>> The followings are my R codes for heat maps in ggplot2. I need to specify
>> the font size for the y-axis (x-axis works) as well as font size for label
>> y and x too. Your help highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> qplot(x=Var1, y=Var2, data=melt(cor(a, use="p")), fill=value,
>> geom="tile") +
>>  scale_fill_gradient2(limits=c(-1, 1))+
>>  ylab('Super pathways') +
>>  xlab('Significant Metabolites in Super pathways for DI') +
>>  theme(axis.text.x = element_text(angle = 90, hjust = 1, size=6))

>> posting-guide.html

Threaded

Re: heat maps with qplot

Jeff Newmiller
This could be as simple as looking at the parameter "axis.text.x" and thinking "maybe there is another parameter called axis.text.y that I could try" and reading the ggplot2 help pages for the theme and element_text functions. If not then you need to make your example complete enough (including just enough data to illustrate a problem) that we can run your code and see what you see and hopefully understand why you have a problem.

Note that the Posting Guide warns you that this is a plain text mailing list, so any pretty HTML formatting or images you use to try to communicate your problem won't reach us and the HTML will very likely garble your example code so that it will no longer run, so please set your email program to send only plain text and illustrate your difficulty using R code. Look for "R reproducible example" in an Internet search engine for more help.