helix spring in R

Threaded

helix spring in R

Eliza B
Dear useRs,

Is there a way to draw helix spring in R of desired diameter and number of turns?

regards,

Eliza

Threaded

Re: helix spring in R

Jeff Newmiller
This is an excellent opportunity for you to tell us why rseeek.org and Google search results did not address your needs, which may either answer your question without our help or help us to understand your needs better.

I will also comment that a "spring" is usually more complex than just a "helix", since the pitch gets smaller near the ends, so adding this word may be hindering your chance if getting responses rather than helping.

And learn to post using plain text format. The more complex your question gets, the more important this nitpicky detail becomes.

On July 10, 2017 5:41:43 AM PDT, Eliza B <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear useRs,
>

>Is there a way to draw helix spring in R of desired diameter and number
>of turns?
>

>regards,
>

>Eliza

Threaded

Re: helix spring in R

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 10/07/2017 8:41 AM, Eliza B wrote:
> Dear useRs,
>

> Is there a way to draw helix spring in R of desired diameter and number of turns?

Yes, use rgl's cylinder3d function.  (Or lines3d if you don't want any
volume.)