how to directly print plots to printer?

LosemindL
Hi all,

How do I directly send plots to printer, instead of showing them on the
screen device?

That's to say, with my current code for ploting on screen device, how to
modify a few lines to send automatically the plots to the printer?

If that's not doable in R, could it be possible to automatically generate a
multi-page PDF file for all the plots, so that I can print one singal PDF
file to the printer manually later?

thanks a lot!

Re: how to directly print plots to printer?

LosemindL
I am trying to follow the following code examples...

I am using the latest Rgui on Windows...

After I issued the first command "win.print()",

my R console hung completly...

What's wrong?

win.print()
plot(this)
plot(that)
plot(the.other.thing)
dev.off()

On 2/16/06, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How do I directly send plots to printer, instead of showing them on the
> screen device?
>
> That's to say, with my current code for ploting on screen device, how to
> modify a few lines to send automatically the plots to the printer?
>
> If that's not doable in R, could it be possible to automatically generate
> a multi-page PDF file for all the plots, so that I can print one singal PDF
> file to the printer manually later?
>
> thanks a lot!

Re: how to directly print plots to printer?

Uwe Ligges
Michael wrote:

> I am trying to follow the following code examples...
>
> I am using the latest Rgui on Windows...
>
> After I issued the first command "win.print()",
>
> my R console hung completly...
>
> What's wrong?

Works for me:

  win.print() # you have to confirm printing in the dialog
  plot(1:10)
  plot(1:20)
  dev.off() # 2 sheets are printed.

Uwe Ligges