how to label station names on point

R help mailing list-2
I have a shapefile point and I plot it over my polygon. Is it possible to label station names over points?Sincerely.
S_Point = readOGR(".","point")plot(S_Point,add=TRUE,col="black",pch=20,cex=2)

Re: how to label station names on point

Jim Lemon-4
Hi Javad,
You can place text using the "text" function or for a slightly fancier
label, try boxed.labels in the plotrix package.

Jim