how to ref data directly from bls.gov using their api

how to ref data directly from bls.gov using their api

R help mailing list-2
Hello,

I'd like to generate my own plots of various labor statistics using live data available at https://www.bls.gov/bls/api_features.htm

This is 10% an R question and 90 % a bls.gov api query question.  Please forgive me for making this request here but I would be truly grateful for anyone here on the R mailinglist who can show me how to write a line of R code that "fetches" the raw data anew from the bls.gov website every time it runs.

Truest Thanks,
/Rich

Re: how to ref data directly from bls.gov using their api

Bert Gunter-2
Please search on "Bureau of Labor Statistics" at rseek.org.  You will find
several packages and other resources there for doing what you want.

-- Ber

sticking things into it."

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:21 AM Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) via R-help <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to generate my own plots of various labor statistics using live
> data available at https://www.bls.gov/bls/api_features.htm
>
> This is 10% an R question and 90 % a bls.gov api query question.  Please
> forgive me for making this request here but I would be truly grateful for
> anyone here on the R mailinglist who can show me how to write a line of R
> code that "fetches" the raw data anew from the bls.gov website every time
> it runs.
>
> Truest Thanks,
> /Rich

Re: how to ref data directly from bls.gov using their api

Alan Feuerbacher
On 1/29/2019 11:24 AM, Bert Gunter wrote:
> Please search on "Bureau of Labor Statistics" at rseek.org.  You will find
> several packages and other resources there for doing what you want.

Wow! Thanks!

Again most likely severe overkill for my simple need.

Alan

> -- Ber
>
> Bert Gunter

> sticking things into it."
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:21 AM Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) via R-help <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to generate my own plots of various labor statistics using live
>> data available at https://www.bls.gov/bls/api_features.htm
>>
>> This is 10% an R question and 90 % a bls.gov api query question.  Please
>> forgive me for making this request here but I would be truly grateful for
>> anyone here on the R mailinglist who can show me how to write a line of R
>> code that "fetches" the raw data anew from the bls.gov website every time
>> it runs.
>>
>> Truest Thanks,
>> /Rich

---