importing data error question

우지희
Hi I'm jihee and I have a question about error...

I'm using R 3.5.2 and tried to use Rcmdr package.

and using FactoMineR and SensoMineR to analyze sensory data through PCA

but i can't import excel data with Rcmdr.

it has this messege :

Error in structure(.External(.C_dotTclObjv, objv), class = "tclObj") :
   [tcl] bad Macintosh file type "“*”"

what is wrong with my R??? T_T

Thanks for your help.

jihee.

Re: importing data error question

PIKAL Petr
Hi

I do not use Rcmdr but from documentation it seems to me that it does not have much to do with importing data from Excel.

So without some additional info from your side (at least used commands) you hardly get any reasonable answer.

Cheers
Petr

Osobní údaje: Informace o zpracování a ochraně osobních údajů obchodních partnerů PRECHEZA a.s. jsou zveřejněny na: https://www.precheza.cz/zasady-ochrany-osobnich-udaju/ | Information about processing and protection of business partner’s personal data are available on website: https://www.precheza.cz/en/personal-data-protection-principles/
Důvěrnost: Tento e-mail a jakékoliv k němu připojené dokumenty jsou důvěrné a podléhají tomuto právně závaznému prohláąení o vyloučení odpovědnosti: https://www.precheza.cz/01-dovetek/ | This email and any documents attached to it may be confidential and are subject to the legally binding disclaimer: https://www.precheza.cz/en/01-disclaimer/

Re: importing data error question

Fox, John
Dear Petr and jihee,

The Rcmdr can import Excel files, and as I just verified, it can do so on a Mac listing files of all types (*) in the open-file dialog box (which is the default).

So, as Petr suggests, more information is required to help you, including the versions of macOS, R, and all packages you have loaded. In particular, does the problem occur when you try to read the Excel file *without* FactoMineR and SensoMineR loaded? Also, when the does problem occur -- immediately when you select Data > Import data > From Excel file, or at some other point?

Best,
 John

  John Fox, Professor Emeritus
  McMaster University