installing R in Amazon linux AMI

akshay kulkarni
dear members,
                            I am using R in AWS. I am currently using RHEL AMI in ec2 instance. I want to shift to Amazon LINUX AMI to lower costs.

How do you install R in Amazon lINUX AMI? I have searched the web, and , to my disappointment have not found any articles on how to install R in Amazon linux AMI, as is there for RED HAT AMI.

Any help?

Very many thanks for your time and effort...
yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI