integral of the fuction for each value

R help mailing list-2
hello
please you help me i have this functionx<-rnorm(10,0,1)f<-fuction(u,x)  {exp((x-u)}I want to calculate the integral of this function for each value of x{for(i in 1:lenght(x)integrate(f,lower=1,upper=4)
thinks

Re: integral of the fuction for each value

Tobias Fellinger
Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what you want to calculate.

If you want to integrate by u in the interval from 0 to 4 for every value
of x I would suggest something like this:

x <- rnorm(10,0,1)
f <- function(u,x){
  exp((x-u))
}

sapply(x, function(i){
  integrate(f,lower=1,upper=4, x=i)$value
})

You can just pass additional arguments to f to integrate, integrate always
integrates by the first argument of the function passed as its first
argument, see the help entry of integrate for more details.

Best Regards, Tobias