javascript device for R

Romain François
Hi,

Has anyone started a javascript device for R.
I don't see something like that googling or at on
http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~paul/R/devices.html
For example, using that graphics library :
http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm
(I cc that message to the author.)

ps : this is not a feature request, i will do it. But if someone has
started that, let me know.

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php

Re: javascript device for R

Short, Tom
Romain Francois <francoisromain <at> free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone started a javascript device for R.
> I don't see something like that googling or at on
> http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~paul/R/devices.html
> For example, using that graphics library :
> http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm
> (I cc that message to the author.)
>
> ps : this is not a feature request, i will do it. But if someone has
> started that, let me know.
>
> Romain

Not that I know of, but here are some pointers that might get you started.
Here's an example of a graph in SVG done in the Dojo javascript toolkit:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Chart.html

The idea is that it generates SVG for SVG-capable browsers and VML for Internet
Explorer (although I don't think they finished the IE part yet).

Another option is to use the canvas tag available in Firefox and Safari. You can
use this to emulate the canvas tag in IE:

http://me.eae.net/archive/2005/12/29/canvas-in-ie/

- Tom