jpeg or tiff file formats

Dean Sonneborn
I have been creating some graphic postscript files using xyplot but now
I find that I need then in either the jpeg or tiff format.  I have tried
re-running just the lattice plot so that it is on the screen and then
using the jpeg(filename="myplot"..... from the "bmp, jpec and png
graphics devices" documentation. It seems to create an empty file. Is it
that this function can not work with lattice plots? Can R directly write
a jpeg or pgn file?

--
Dean Sonneborn, MS
Programmer Analyst

Re: jpeg or tiff file formats

Roger Bivand
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Dean Sonneborn wrote:

> I have been creating some graphic postscript files using xyplot but now
> I find that I need then in either the jpeg or tiff format.  I have tried
> re-running just the lattice plot so that it is on the screen and then
> using the jpeg(filename="myplot"..... from the "bmp, jpec and png
> graphics devices" documentation. It seems to create an empty file. Is it
> that this function can not work with lattice plots? Can R directly write
> a jpeg or pgn file?

Either FAQ 7.22 or dev.off()?

--
Roger Bivand