kcachegrind and R

Romain François
Hi,

Is there a way to use kcachegrind on R code ?
I mean the R function written in R (not the C, etc ... functions). Has
someone tried to generate "Callgrind profile format" from ouputs of Rprof ?

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php

Re: kcachegrind and R

Romain François
Le 11.04.2006 10:01, Romain Francois a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use kcachegrind on R code ?
> I mean the R function written in R (not the C, etc ... functions). Has
> someone tried to generate "Callgrind profile format" from ouputs of Rprof ?
>
> Romain

Hi all,

I tried to answer my own question since yesterday.
I made a package http://addictedtor.free.fr/packages/grindR_0.0.tar.gz
that start the translation accordind to the kcachegrind manual there
http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show.cgi/KcacheGrindCalltreeFormat

The code is not entirely working (it is version 0.0), but at least it
shows that it is possible to use kcachegrind on R code.
Is there somebody interrested in such a project  (to use it and/or help
me improving it) ?

Best Regards,

Romain