line over multiplot

Thomas Hoffmann
Dear Listmembers,

I do have a multiplot with 1 row and 4 columns (4 scatter plots with
same x- and y-axe plotted in one row). I would like to draw a horizontal
line across the whole multiplot at a certain y-value. Unfortunately the
normal abline command stops between the plot.

I hope my problem is clear and there is somebody who can help me

Thanks in advance
Thomas H.

Re: line over multiplot

Uwe Ligges
Thomas Hoffmann wrote:

> Dear Listmembers,
>
> I do have a multiplot with 1 row and 4 columns (4 scatter plots with
> same x- and y-axe plotted in one row). I would like to draw a horizontal
> line across the whole multiplot at a certain y-value. Unfortunately the
> normal abline command stops between the plot.
>
> I hope my problem is clear and there is somebody who can help me

  par(mfrow=c(1,4))
  replicate(4, plot(1:10))
  par(xpd=NA)
  abline(h=5)

Uwe Ligges

> Thanks in advance
> Thomas H.

Re: line over multiplot

Gregory Snow

It may be as simple as setting par(xpd=NA) see ?par for what that does.

If you want more control (prevent the line from going through titles, etc) then look at the examples for the cnvrt.coords function in the TeachingDemos package.

Hope this helps,