lme: extract result-function

Christof Kluß
Hi,

mod <- lme(A ~ -1 + B+C+D+E+F+G, random = ~1 | ...)

results in summary(mod)$coeff

B C D E F G (Intercept)
b c d e f g i

Now I'm interested in the function

f <- function(B,C,D,E,F,G) <- {
  return(i + b*B + c*C + d*D + e*E + f*F + g*G)
}

Is there a easier way to create such function with flexible number of
coefficient, than do it by hand?

thx
Christof

Re: lme: extract result-function

Rui Barradas
Hello,

Try

f <- function(response, regressors)
        as.formula(paste(response, paste(regressors, collapse=" + "), sep=" ~ "))

(resp <- "A")
(regr <- c(-1, LETTERS[2:7]))

fmla <- f(resp, regr)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Em 13-06-2012 09:21, Christof Kluß escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> mod <- lme(A ~ -1 + B+C+D+E+F+G, random = ~1 | ...)
>
> results in summary(mod)$coeff
>
> B C D E F G (Intercept)
> b c d e f g i
>
> Now I'm interested in the function
>
> f <- function(B,C,D,E,F,G) <- {
>    return(i + b*B + c*C + d*D + e*E + f*F + g*G)
> }
>
> Is there a easier way to create such function with flexible number of
> coefficient, than do it by hand?
>
> thx
> Christof

Re: lme: extract result-function

Thierry Onkelinx
Dear Christof,

You want the predict() function. See ?predict.lme for the details.

Best regards,

Thierry

PS Questions on lme() can be asked at r-sig-mixed models.

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
[hidden email]
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey

Re: lme: extract result-function

Dieter Menne
Christof Kluß wrote
mod <- lme(A ~ -1 + B+C+D+E+F+G, random = ~1 | ...)
f <- function(B,C,D,E,F,G) <- {
  return(i + b*B + c*C + d*D + e*E + f*F + g*G)
}
It looks like you are trying to compute contrasts the ugly way. Check estimable in package gmodels or the vignette of the multcomp package; in the latter, the usage example of lme is a bit hidden, but it works nevertheless.

Dieter

Re: lme: extract result-function

Pascal Oettli-2

Is it to re-create what "predict" is able to do?

Best Regards,
Pascal