Bernard McGarvey
When I load the library xlsx with the command

library("xlsx")

I get the error message:

> library("xlsx")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘xlsx’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
call: fun(libname, pkgname)
error: JAVA_HOME cannot be determined from the Registry

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Thanks

Lion Bernard McGarvey

Director, Fort Myers Beach Lions Foundation, Inc.

Retired (Lilly Engineering Fellow).

Re: loading the xlsx library

Jeff Newmiller
Failure to read the installation notes for the package. You have to get Java working on your computer.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xlsx/index.html

On January 11, 2019 10:40:44 AM PST, Bernard McGarvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>When I load the library xlsx with the command
>

>library("xlsx")
>

>I get the error message:
>

>> library("xlsx")
>Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘xlsx’:
>.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
>call: fun(libname, pkgname)
>error: JAVA_HOME cannot be determined from the Registry
>>

>Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?
>

>Thanks
>

>Lion Bernard McGarvey
>
>Director, Fort Myers Beach Lions Foundation, Inc.
>
>Retired (Lilly Engineering Fellow).

Re: loading the xlsx library

Rui Barradas
Hello,

Also, sometimes it's about R/Java versions. If you have Java 32 bits you
need R 32 bits. And the same for 64b.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 20:37 de 11/01/2019, Jeff Newmiller escreveu:

> Failure to read the installation notes for the package. You have to get Java working on your computer.
>
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xlsx/index.html
>
> On January 11, 2019 10:40:44 AM PST, Bernard McGarvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> When I load the library xlsx with the command
>>

>> library("xlsx")
>>

>> I get the error message:
>>

>>> library("xlsx")
>> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘xlsx’:
>> .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
>> call: fun(libname, pkgname)
>> error: JAVA_HOME cannot be determined from the Registry
>>>

>> Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Lion Bernard McGarvey
>>
>> Director, Fort Myers Beach Lions Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> Retired (Lilly Engineering Fellow).
>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Re: loading the xlsx library

R help mailing list-2
Hello Bernard,

You might consider using the "readxl" package, which (from the package
description), "Works on Windows, Mac and Linux without external
dependencies."

 https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=readxl

HTH, Bill.

William Michels, Ph.D.