metafor all list elements must be square matrices

metafor all list elements must be square matrices

Crean, Hugh
This may be a very simple fix, but I am struggling to reproduce Becker's (1988) imputation of control group effect sizes for single group trials.  For some reason that I cannot figure out, I am getting an "All list elements in 'V' must be square matrices".  Below is my V matrix, which I believe is square:

Study1

Study2

Study3

Study4

Study5

Study6

Study7

Study8

0.118

0

0

0

0

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0

0.121

0

0

0

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0

0

0.404

0

0

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0

0

0

0.146

0

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0

0

0

0

0.09

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.104465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.085465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.010465

0.069465

I get the error running as a multivariate rma.  If I run as a simple rma, I get a non-positive sampling variances error message (but the correlations are all at least between 0 and 1).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hugh

Hugh F. Crean, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing
2W.156 Helen Wood Hall
School of Nursing
University of Rochester
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, New York  14620

(585) 276-5575

Re: metafor all list elements must be square matrices

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Hugh

1 - Your post is unreadable because you posted in HTML so it will be
very difficult for anyone to see your V

2 - there is a separate mailing list for meta-analysis in R where you
may get more helpful responses as it is monitored by authors of most of
the main packages. Please see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-meta-analysis// and remember
to register first.

Michael