Quantcast

minpack package in R version 3.3.2

Threaded

minpack package in R version 3.3.2

R help mailing list-2
Hello,
I'm new to R. I found very useful for me code for parameter estimation. Unfortunately, while trying to install "minpack" I get info, that this package is not available for version 3.3.2.
I'm using Windows 10. Does anyone know how to overcome this and maybe a hint on which version of R it has been working (I would try to install a previous version)?
Thanks in advance for any hint.Gosia

Threaded

Re: minpack package in R version 3.3.2

Jeff Newmiller
The primary place for finding out about packages is the Comprehensive R Archive Network, or CRAN. Try entering

R package minpack CRAN

into Google and you should be able to see what you need to do on your own. If you still need help, tell us what you found and why it didn't help when you post your next question.

On February 14, 2017 3:56:52 AM PST, Malgorzata Wieteska via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm new to R. I found very useful for me code for parameter estimation.
>Unfortunately, while trying to install "minpack" I get info, that this
>package is not available for version 3.3.2.
>I'm using Windows 10. Does anyone know how to overcome this and maybe a
>hint on which version of R it has been working (I would try to install
>a previous version)?
>Thanks in advance for any hint.Gosia

Threaded

Re: minpack package in R version 3.3.2

J C Nash
You probably wanted minpack.lm, not minpack.

FYI, Duncan Murdoch and I just put up nlsr on CRAN. It does ANALYTIC derivatives on expression-form nonlinear models,
and also handles function-form problems. It does a Marquardt-stabilized solution, and allows fixed parameters by
specifying upper and lower bounds equal.

JN