missRanger package

bec96
Hi,
does anybody know where I need to insert the censoring in the missRanger
package?
Regards,
Rebecca

Re: missRanger package

Bert Gunter-2
You have asked what I believe is an incoherent question, and thus are
unlikely to receive any useful replies (of course, I may be wrong about
this...).

Please read and follow the posting guide linked below to to ask a question
that can be answered.

sticking things into it."

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:03 PM Rebecca Bingert <[hidden email]>

> does anybody know where I need to insert the censoring in the missRanger
> package?
> Regards,
> Rebecca

Re: missRanger package

R help mailing list-2
I could not find the word "censor" in the documentation for the missRanger package, so I think additional explanation is needed.

Also, I would expect information about censoring to be included in data provided to a function in a package -- inserting censoring into a package doesn't make sense.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

On 11/12/18, 6:13 AM, "R-help on behalf of Rebecca Bingert" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi,
    does anybody know where I need to insert the censoring in the missRanger
    package?
    Regards,
    Rebecca

Re: missRanger package

Dénes Tóth-2
Hi Rebecca,

I think it was me how suggested you the missRanger package, so this is
actually a follow-up of you previous question about censored imputation
of missing values (as far as I can remember).

The missRanger package uses predictive mean matching, so take a look at
?missRanger::pmm and in general read a bit about what 'predictive mean
matching' means.

In a nutshell: If your data is appropriate for this technique, you do
not need to take care of explicit censoring - it will be done implicitly
by the package.

Cheers,
Denes