need a R-code formatter?

LosemindL
Hi all,

I am using Tin-R as my editor; I use it because it allows me to send several
selected lines to R-console and execute them...

In some sense, this is my line-by-line debugger.

But it doesn't have a code formatter, I have to layout the indention myself
-- when there are many { } blocks with different layers, this editor does
not help me beautify the code...

I am looking for some editor with better debugging support and with a R-code
formatter?

Thanks a lot!

Michael.

Re: need a R-code formatter?

Søren Højsgaard
You can use emacs with ESS - and/or try to encourage (kindly) the creator of Tinn-R to create such a code-formatter...
Best
Søren

Re: need a R-code formatter?

Uwe Ligges
Søren Højsgaard wrote:
> You can use emacs with ESS - and/or try to encourage (kindly) the creator of Tinn-R to create such a code-formatter...

... or contribute the code formatter to the Tinn-R project which is one
of the great ideas of Open Source software. The Tinn-R developers will
be happy, certainly.

Uwe Ligges