nested random effects in glmm.admb

Jarrod Hadfield
Hello all,

In a previous posting regarding glmm.admb it is stated that glmm.admb
can handle 2 nested random effects.   I can only fit a single random
term at the moment, and wondered if anyone could  provide me with some
information on how to specify  a model with 2 (nested or
cross-classified) random terms?

Thanks,

Jarrod.

nested random effects in glmm.admb

Hans Skaug
Hi Jarrod ,

I think you are right that neither nested or cross-classified models can be specified
in glmm.admb() as it stands (except in ad-hoc ways). This is not a restriction of the underlying
software AD Model Builder, but it is a feature of how I wrote the R-interface.
I will try to figure out how to do 2-level nesting, and include that in future releases.

hans