nice time series viewer?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

nice time series viewer?

LosemindL
Hi all,

I am looking for a nice time series grapher/viewer in R ... with the
feature of scrolling, zooming, etc.

Hopefully it could be of the quality at the
report-generation-and-sending-to-boss level...

Could anybody please give me some recommendations/pointers?

Thanks a lot!

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R] nice time series viewer?

Michael Weylandt
plot.xts()

chartSeries() if you are using financial data?

It's going to depend on your (unstated) form of time series, but
generally R isn't set up for interactive graphics. (chartSeries being
the only time-series specific exception I know; you can also do Rgl
and Rggobi stuff with a little bit of work)

Also, please don't cross post to two lists.

Michael

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a nice time series grapher/viewer in R ... with the
> feature of scrolling, zooming, etc.
>
> Hopefully it could be of the quality at the
> report-generation-and-sending-to-boss level...
>
> Could anybody please give me some recommendations/pointers?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: nice time series viewer?

Daniel Cegiełka
In reply to this post by LosemindL
http://www.quantmod.com/examples/charting/

http://www.quantmod.com/documentation/zoomChart.html

xts+quantmod (+sweave) is a very good solution for most applications.

regards,
Daniel


2011/12/7 Michael <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a nice time series grapher/viewer in R ... with the
> feature of scrolling, zooming, etc.
>
> Hopefully it could be of the quality at the
> report-generation-and-sending-to-boss level...
>
> Could anybody please give me some recommendations/pointers?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
> -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
> -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R] nice time series viewer?

Arun.stat
In reply to this post by Michael Weylandt
Hi LosemindL, I think what you want can be achievable through googleVis package (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/googleVis/index.html.)

Thanks and regards,

PS. as already said (and in fact advised many times in this forum) please do not cross post in multiple forums........it is not the proper etiquette to be followed in any forum over net.
_____________________________________________________

Arun Kumar Saha, FRM
QUANTITATIVE RISK AND HEDGE CONSULTING SPECIALIST
Visit me at: http://in.linkedin.com/in/ArunFRM
_____________________________________________________
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R] nice time series viewer?

LosemindL
Thanks a lot Arun!

I plugged a few years of 15 min bar data into googleVis and then found it
stop to respond...

I was using "AnnotatedTimeLine"...

The IE8 hung, and a small window popped up: " a script is making your
browser to run slowly; if you continue to run the script, your computer
will be unresponsive..."

Then I had to stop the script because it kept popping up...

So it's obviously because it is too large for GoogleVIS to handle?

Any cure of this problem?

Thx

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Arun.stat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi LosemindL, I think what you want can be achievable through googleVis
> package (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/googleVis/index.html.)
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> PS. as already said (and in fact advised many times in this forum) please
> do
> not cross post in multiple forums........it is not the proper etiquette to
> be followed in any forum over net.
> _____________________________________________________
>
> Arun Kumar Saha, FRM
> QUANTITATIVE RISK AND HEDGE CONSULTING SPECIALIST
> Visit me at: http://in.linkedin.com/in/ArunFRM
> _____________________________________________________
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/nice-time-series-viewer-tp4170205p4171972.html
> Sent from the Rmetrics mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
> -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
> -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [R] nice time series viewer?

Arun.stat
Hi Michael, admittedly I did not work previously with googleVis with huge
dataset as you done.........may be you are right! I would suggest you to
contact the maintainer of that package?

Please let me know if you get anything on this issue!

Thanks and regards,
_____________________________________________________

Arun Kumar Saha, FRM
QUANTITATIVE RISK AND HEDGE CONSULTING SPECIALIST
Visit me at: http://in.linkedin.com/in/ArunFRM
_____________________________________________________


On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Arun!
>
> I plugged a few years of 15 min bar data into googleVis and then found it
> stop to respond...
>
> I was using "AnnotatedTimeLine"...
>
> The IE8 hung, and a small window popped up: " a script is making your
> browser to run slowly; if you continue to run the script, your computer
> will be unresponsive..."
>
> Then I had to stop the script because it kept popping up...
>
> So it's obviously because it is too large for GoogleVIS to handle?
>
> Any cure of this problem?
>
> Thx
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Arun.stat <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi LosemindL, I think what you want can be achievable through googleVis
>> package (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/googleVis/index.html.)
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> PS. as already said (and in fact advised many times in this forum) please
>> do
>> not cross post in multiple forums........it is not the proper etiquette to
>> be followed in any forum over net.
>> _____________________________________________________
>>
>> Arun Kumar Saha, FRM
>> QUANTITATIVE RISK AND HEDGE CONSULTING SPECIALIST
>> Visit me at: http://in.linkedin.com/in/ArunFRM
>> _____________________________________________________
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/nice-time-series-viewer-tp4170205p4171972.html
>> Sent from the Rmetrics mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
>> -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
>> -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
>> should go.
>>
>
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.