(no subject)

Kalaivani Mani

R group
Help Desk

I am a user of R software.  I am facing a problem while using "frailtyPenal" command in R.2.11.1. When I use these command, R closes completely without any prior alert message. Can I know what would be the reason? My data size is 7050 records with atleast 25 variables.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Truely
Kalaivani

M.Kalaivani, M.Sc.
Scientist-I
Dept. of Biostatistics
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
New Delhi-110029
Phone: 91-11-26593240 (O)  91-11-26168251 (R)
Mobile: 9868921992

Re: (no subject)

bbolker
Kalaivani Mani <manikalaivani <at> yahoo.co.in> writes:

> R group
> Help Desk

  (We're not the "help desk" (!!)  You can buy support from various
companies if you want ...)

> I am a user of R software.  I am facing a problem while using
> "frailtyPenal" command in R.2.11.1. When I use
> these command, R closes completely without any prior alert message.
> Can I know what would be the reason? My
> data size is 7050 records with atleast 25 variables.

  R stopping, if you have not been writing your own low-level
(C/FORTRAN) code, constitutes a bug by definition -- but the bug
is in the contributed 'frailtypack' package, rather than in base
R.  Try contacting the maintainer of the package [maintainer("frailtypack")].
You will want to provide them with at least the results of
sessionInfo() , which will let them know what operating system you
are using (which may well be important in dealing with this sort of bug),
as well as the versions of R and frailtypack.

  good luck
    Ben Bolker