(no subject)

mahboobe akhlaghi-2
Hi,
I have a question about R Studio. I have a database in SQL. now, I combined
SQL and R Studio. the levels of a variable is in farsi. so when I want to
read some variables, in R Studio are "???????" . I want to show them in
farsi. what should I do to have right words in R Studio?
Thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Mahboobe Akhlaghi

Re: (no subject)

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 02/12/2018 6:51 AM, mahboobe akhlaghi wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about R Studio. I have a database in SQL. now, I combined
> SQL and R Studio. the levels of a variable is in farsi. so when I want to
> read some variables, in R Studio are "???????" . I want to show them in
> farsi. what should I do to have right words in R Studio?

You'll probably need to contact RStudio support about this.  This
mailing list is about R; RStudio is a separate project that provides a
front end to R.

When you contact them, let them know details about your system:  are you
running Windows?  What version?  What locale?

Re: (no subject)

Jeff Newmiller
It is possible that this is not an RStudio-specific issue in spite of the initial phrasing.

Mahboobe:
If when you use Rgui (Windows) or R.app (Mac) or plain R at the command line (any OS) you still have problems, then you may need to ask for help here or in R-sig-mac or R-sig-debian or R-sig-fedora. Follow the recommendations in the Posting Guide to help your helper reproduce your problem without depending on RStudio. You should also describe what steps you have already tried... in particular read about Locales  and Encoding in the R Data Import/Export  and Installation/Administration manuals and describe what you have done to follow the advice given there.

FWIW I am an English-only speaker so have very limited experience with locales and encodings... be sure to direct your questions to whichever mailing list is most specific to your operating system rather than me.

Also, if it is RStudio-specific, there is a good RStudio blog post [1] you can start with.

[1] https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200532197-Character-Encoding

On December 2, 2018 12:45:28 PM PST, Duncan Murdoch <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 02/12/2018 6:51 AM, mahboobe akhlaghi wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a question about R Studio. I have a database in SQL. now, I
>combined
>> SQL and R Studio. the levels of a variable is in farsi. so when I
>want to
>> read some variables, in R Studio are "???????" . I want to show them
>in
>> farsi. what should I do to have right words in R Studio?
>
>You'll probably need to contact RStudio support about this.  This
>mailing list is about R; RStudio is a separate project that provides a
>front end to R.
>
>When you contact them, let them know details about your system:  are
>you
>running Windows?  What version?  What locale?
>
>Duncan Murdoch

Re: (no subject)

Jeremie Juste

Can you provide more information?
What is your operating system?
What is your database management system (sqlite, mySQL,...)
What package do you use to import the data in R from the database?
What is the default language on your computer?
Are the variables not in farsi fine?

My guess is that Rstudion is a front end and have nothing to do with
your problem. But to be sure you can open R directly and check from there.

Some lines of codes would be helpful.

Best regards,
Jeremie