(no subject)

R help mailing list-2
Please, can you help me I have a equation to solve by newton method but I can not do it
for example

f<-function(x) {

2+X2-X3=0}
this equation have un solution in [1,2]
is there a function in R for solve it or i have to programme it

Re: (no subject)

Hasan Diwan-2
Look at the rootSolve package[1] for what you need. Hope it helps... -- H

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 at 06:46, malika yassa via R-help <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Please, can you help me I have a equation to solve by newton method but I
> can not do it
> for example
>
> f<-function(x) {
>

> 2+X2-X3=0}
> this equation have un solution in [1,2]
> is there a function in R for solve it or i have to programme it

If you wish to request my time, please do so using
*bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a *bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest
<http://bit.ly/hd1AppointmentRequest>*.

<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFEBAD7FFD041BBA1>Sent
from my mobile device
Envoye de mon portable

Re: (no subject)

Berend Hasselman

> On 1 Feb 2019, at 12:41, malika yassa via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please, can you help me I have a equation to solve by newton method but I can not do it
> for example
>
> f<-function(x) {
>

> 2+X2-X3=0}
> this equation have un solution in [1,2]
> is there a function in R for solve it or i have to programme it

What is the relation between the function argument x and variables X2 and X3?

As it stands this is incomprehensible. The function argument x is not used anywhere in the function body.

Berend Hasselman

Re: [FORGED] (no subject)

Rolf Turner

On 2/2/19 12:41 AM, malika yassa via R-help wrote:

> Please, can you help me I have a equation to solve by newton method but I can not do it
> for example
>
> f<-function(x) {
>

> 2+X2-X3=0}
> this equation have un solution in [1,2]
> is there a function in R for solve it or i have to programme it

(a) Read the posting guide.

(b) This looks like homework (perhaps a homework question that you have
completely misunderstood) and this list has a no-homework policy.

(c) As Berend Hasselman has pointed out, your question makes no real
sense anyway.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow
Department of Statistics

Re: (no subject)

Rui Barradas

It is just a guess but I bet that what the OP means is

f <- function(x) {
   2 + x^2 - x^3
}

uniroot(f, lower = 1, upper = 2)

To the OP: please learn how to write math in R *before* trying to solve
problems.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas