(no subject)

Filipe-3
Hi all

I am not sure this question is better suitted for the R-devel or R-help,
but here it goes anyway

I am not a software developer but I have produced a personal set of
functions that I would like now to combine in a package.
I am finding this really hard to do only by following the manuals provided
(the language is for software developers I guess which I am far to be).
Even so I could install the R-tools in my Windows machine, and start using
the command line.
Eventually I run into problems and now I am stuck. I wonder if you could
help me with this problem.

What I have done so far:

I started by using the package.skeleton() function to start my package, I
placed the folder produced by this function inside the bin folder.
Then I’ve installed the R-tools by extracting the zip file into the \bin
folder
I have also installed the Active Perl 5.8

I could then follow the instructions on the files produced by
package.skeleton()
and use the command R CMD build and R CMD check.
Here is where I get the following problem:
after building /updating the help files I get the message " no hhc: found"
and after that "cp: cannot stat"
there seems to be a file named mypakage.chm missing

Can you help  me solving this, ?

Best regards
Filipe Alberto
Filipe Alberto
Posdoctoral Fellowship Researcher
http://www.ualg.pt/ccmar/maree/index.php?t=falberto

MAREE-Marine Ecology and Evolution (http://www.ualg.pt/ccmar/maree)
CCMAR - Centre of Marine Sciences, and CIMAR -Laboratório Associado
Faculdade de Ciências do Mar e Ambiente, Universidade do Algarve

Mailing address:
F.C.M.A., Univ. Algarve, Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal
Fax: 351-289-800069, Phone: 351-289-800900 ext:7355

Re: (no subject)

Gabor Grothendieck
hhc is the Microsoft Help compiler.  Make sure its on your path.
Info on it is here:
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/#ldbug

Also batchfiles:
http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/batchfiles/

contains a Windows XP batch file, rfind.bat, that you can run without arguments
that will try to locate all the utilities you need on your disk which can help
you verify that you have them.

In the case of hhc.exe just copy it to somewhere on your path.