package check fail on Windows-release only?

package check fail on Windows-release only?

PaulJohnson32gmail
I mistakenly left a write in "/tmp" in the rockchalk package (version
1.8.109) that I uploaded last Friday. Kurt H wrote and asked me to fix
today.

While uploading a new one, I became aware of a problem I had not seen.
The version I uploaded last Friday, 1.8.109, has OK status on all
platforms except r-release-windows-ix86+x86_64. I get OK on
oldrel-windows and also on devel-windows.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_rockchalk.html

Can you please advise me on what to do? I don't understand, well,
anything about this :(

The error says:

* installing *source* package 'rockchalk' ...
** package 'rockchalk' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning: S3 methods 'print.sparseSummary', 'print.diagSummary',
'c.abIndex', 'c.sparseVector', 'as.array.Matrix',
'as.array.sparseVector', 'as.matrix.Matrix', 'as.matrix.sparseVector',
'as.vector.Matrix', 'as.vector.sparseVector' were declared in
NAMESPACE but not found
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :
  undefined exports: %&%, Cholesky, .SuiteSparse_version, Diagonal,
.symDiagonal, .sparseDiagonal, .trDiagonal, Hilbert, KhatriRao,
Matrix, MatrixClass, spMatrix, sparseMatrix, rsparsematrix, Schur,
abIseq, abIseq1, rep2abI, band, bandSparse, bdiag, .bdiag,
c.sparseVector, condest, onenormest, .asmatrix, .dsy2mat, .dsy2dsp,
.dxC2mat, .T2Cmat, ..2dge, .dense2sy, .C2nC, .nC2d, .nC2l, .diag.dsC,
.solve.dgC.chol, .solve.dgC.qr, .solve.dgC.lu, diagN2U, diagU2N,
.diagU2N, .diag2tT, .diag2sT, .diag2mat, drop0, expand, expm, facmul,
fac2sparse, fac2Sparse, forceSymmetric, T2graph, graph2T,
anyDuplicatedT, uniqTsparse, isTriangular, isDiagonal, isLDL,
is.null.DN, invPerm, lu, nearPD, nnzero, formatSpMatrix,
formatSparseM, .formatSparseSimple, printSpMatrix, printSpMatrix2,
qrR, rankMatrix, readHB, readMM, sparse.model.matrix, sparseVector,
symmpart, skewpart, tril, triu, updown, pack, unpack,
.updateCHMfactor, .validateCsparse, writeMM, cBind, rBind
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'rockchalk'
* removing 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'
* restoring previous 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'

--
Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org
Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis http://crmda.ku.edu

To write to me directly, please address me at pauljohn at ku.edu.

Re: package check fail on Windows-release only?

Martin Maechler

    > I mistakenly left a write in "/tmp" in the rockchalk package (version
    > 1.8.109) that I uploaded last Friday. Kurt H wrote and asked me to fix
    > today.

    > While uploading a new one, I became aware of a problem I had not seen.
    > The version I uploaded last Friday, 1.8.109, has OK status on all
    > platforms except r-release-windows-ix86+x86_64. I get OK on
    > oldrel-windows and also on devel-windows.

    > https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_rockchalk.html

    > Can you please advise me on what to do? I don't understand, well,
    > anything about this :(

Dear Paul,

something like this really should have been posted to the R-package-devel
list, not to R-devel; as it is here now, I'm crossposting to there for one msg
Please remove R-devel@.. from CC  if/when replying and keep it there.

    > The error says:

    > * installing *source* package 'rockchalk' ...
    > ** package 'rockchalk' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    > ** R
    > ** data
    > ** inst
    > ** preparing package for lazy loading
    > Warning: S3 methods 'print.sparseSummary', 'print.diagSummary',
    > 'c.abIndex', 'c.sparseVector', 'as.array.Matrix',
    > 'as.array.sparseVector', 'as.matrix.Matrix', 'as.matrix.sparseVector',
    > 'as.vector.Matrix', 'as.vector.sparseVector' were declared in
    > NAMESPACE but not found
    > Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :
    > undefined exports: %&%, Cholesky, .SuiteSparse_version, Diagonal,
    > .symDiagonal, .sparseDiagonal, .trDiagonal, Hilbert, KhatriRao,
    > Matrix, MatrixClass, spMatrix, sparseMatrix, rsparsematrix, Schur,
    > abIseq, abIseq1, rep2abI, band, bandSparse, bdiag, .bdiag,
    > c.sparseVector, condest, onenormest, .asmatrix, .dsy2mat, .dsy2dsp,
    > .dxC2mat, .T2Cmat, ..2dge, .dense2sy, .C2nC, .nC2d, .nC2l, .diag.dsC,
    > .solve.dgC.chol, .solve.dgC.qr, .solve.dgC.lu, diagN2U, diagU2N,
    > .diagU2N, .diag2tT, .diag2sT, .diag2mat, drop0, expand, expm, facmul,
    > fac2sparse, fac2Sparse, forceSymmetric, T2graph, graph2T,
    > anyDuplicatedT, uniqTsparse, isTriangular, isDiagonal, isLDL,
    > is.null.DN, invPerm, lu, nearPD, nnzero, formatSpMatrix,
    > formatSparseM, .formatSparseSimple, printSpMatrix, printSpMatrix2,
    > qrR, rankMatrix, readHB, readMM, sparse.model.matrix, sparseVector,
    > symmpart, skewpart, tril, triu, updown, pack, unpack,
    > .updateCHMfactor, .validateCsparse, writeMM, cBind, rBind
    > ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'rockchalk'
    > * removing 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'
    > * restoring previous 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'

all of these these are names of  Matrix-package objects..
and I know that yesterday Matrix package version changes (1.1-11
--> 1.1-12) happened on CRAN and hence in servers which update..

So it *could* be this is all just a temporary problem aka "race
situation" , where the check of your package very unhappily
happened exactly at a moment where the new Matrix package was
already there, but not quite ....
seems quite improbable, but then your problem seems "rare"..

Martin

Re: [R-pkg-devel] package check fail on Windows-release only?

Uwe Ligges-3

On 21.11.2017 10:15, Martin Maechler wrote:

> [...]
>      > qrR, rankMatrix, readHB, readMM, sparse.model.matrix, sparseVector,
>      > symmpart, skewpart, tril, triu, updown, pack, unpack,
>      > .updateCHMfactor, .validateCsparse, writeMM, cBind, rBind
>      > ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'rockchalk'
>      > * removing 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'
>      > * restoring previous 'd:/Rcompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.4/rockchalk'
>
> all of these these are names of  Matrix-package objects..
> and I know that yesterday Matrix package version changes (1.1-11
> --> 1.1-12) happened on CRAN and hence in servers which update..
>
> So it *could* be this is all just a temporary problem aka "race
> situation" , where the check of your package very unhappily
> happened exactly at a moment where the new Matrix package was
> already there, but not quite ....
> seems quite improbable, but then your problem seems "rare"..

Perfect analysis: Race condition. Happens from time to time.
Can you simply resubmit it, please.

Best,
Uwe Ligges